Friday, March 11, 2011

"Sadly Beautiful" Everywhere's photos about Porto, Portugal

A TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow of a travel blog to Porto, Portugal by TravelPod blogger Everywhere titled "Sadly Beautiful" Everywhere's travel blog entry: "Clem and I decided to escape the cold and find a last minute deal to somewhere hot and interesting. Europe is so small - compared to North America and Asia and to someone who loves to see new countries - the whole continent was calling to me. I kept looking at the map and the bus schedule and thinking - Bulgaria - oh my god, only 5 hours away....Hungary - 5 hours away...and so on and so on. Because I had the confines of that return ticket forcing me back into reality, I tried to figure out a 10 day route through as many countries as I could - even just staying on the bus and watching the cultures change....but that was not working out. I couldn't get enough information on the timeframes to be sure it might actually work without me getting stuck in Latvia without an ability to get to Paris for my flight. So Clem and I started looking at cheap flights to anywhere. We spent a number of hours looking at getaways to Tunisia and Morocco and Croatia and then, with two days to spare, we found cheap ryan Air flights to Porto Portugal and put our own package together. Clem had always wanted to see Porto - I had not even heard of it before. That just added to my interest as I had never seen any part of Portugal and it sounded like it should be warm and nice. Around $120 for the return flight and $150 for hotels. Nice. Poor ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszSLVja8Zk&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment