Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Bye bye Serbia, Hello Bulgaria" I_could_walk's photos about Negotin, Serbia

A TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow of a travel blog to Negotin, Serbia by TravelPod blogger I_could_walk titled "Bye bye Serbia, Hello Bulgaria" I_could_walk's travel blog entry: "Late last night I picked up an email from the danish girls suggesting a new rendevous and date. And it sounded feasible if i got a move on. So looking at the map I saw a road which seemed to head directly for the Bulgarian border rather than all the way round a massive loop in the river. The map indicated two steep hills so this wasn't a free ride. The hotel quietened down a bit after 1am but having aircon was glorious. I woke up to another gorgeous view; its an amazing place. At breakfast the waiter offered coffee with milk; without it was extra. I suggested to him that at e42 per night it wasn't on and asked for hot water (fetching coffee from the room). But he was ahead of me and brought it no charge anyway. The early morning ride was very nice following an inlet of the danube then crossing a bridge before joining a rolling road through small villages. There was very little traffic and in one town the market was organised on the road without bothering to close it. It was like a good french ride. It wasn't flat but the gradients were gradual. Then i turned on to the road to Negotin. It was a winding road which went up through a wooded valley past some charcoal kilns. It was steep and it went on forever. Really hard to keep going at; it took maybe 45 minutes to ride up. One of the hardest hills I ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDJFSJqw5g&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment